Thursday, August 16, 2007

Walking

That pretty much sums up my day! We left around 9:30a to get a CPR number (the Danish equivalent of a social security number) and what we thought was going to be a half mile walk turned into a three mile trek. Michael and I were able to register though we're listed as unmarried and since we couldn't prove John was our child, we were unable to register him today. I called Dad and he's going to scan our marriage certificate and John's birth certificate and email them to us later today, so Michael and I will be married and John a legitimate child in the eyes of Denmark.

I spent about three minutes this morning trying to figure out how to turn on our stove. It's a new glasstop, digital range and I final figured out I had to hold down the start button to get it to turn on. Then I tested to see how high the heat would go (9), and also learned this thing heats fast and burned the egg I was poaching. Lucky thing eggs are cheap. Today I started down the road toward becoming a domestic diva by making homemade chicken noodle soup. I'm talking whole raw chicken, skinning the sucker, making my own chicken broth, the works. Tomorrow I'm going to make shrimp salad. Yum!

It's mid-60s here in Copenhagen and I'm going to have a cup of hot chocolate before bed. I just called Kentucky to talk to a friend and it's 100 there. I can't say I miss the weather (yet).

No comments: